Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Oh Deer Dress: Simplicity 1419


Oh deer, ANOTHER DRESS. This is the new simplicity lisette pattern 1419 that came out in the Spring. It's a basic dress with the cute detail of a peter pan collar and keyhole. It has an option for sleeves and includes a loose jacket in the pattern. I made this dress as a store sample for Fabricland, for the summer class camp. I made no changes to the pattern, kind of a wearable test muslin for myself. 

The fabric is an adorable quilt weight cotton from Art Gallery Fabrics. I think the deer are just so sweet! I used a lace print in yellow for a little contrast. There are a few things i would tweak about the fit if I was going to make this again. I have to remember to made the bodice longer on these patterns. It's always just slightly too high and it ends up bugging me. Another thing that bugs me is when the arms are too wide...I will have to cut them down a bit. 

This pattern is cute and useful, a great way to show off a print, I think I will make another down the line. 




Pin It Now!

10 comments:

  1. This fabric is so pretty! And cute!
    Also the dress fits you very well :)
    You always use such great colors. And you must have crazy fabric mafia connexions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute dress! Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so cute! I actually picked up this pattern at the last joann sale. I might have to attempt it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fit on this dress is GORGEOUS. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! The fit looks perfect and I love your print choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. The fit on this dress is really good! I was also amazed by your trench coat. You are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's so prettyyy ! I love the yellow peter collar !!!!! and the picture is great with the yellow door :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erika,
    This one is so pretty.
    I have just bougth the pattern and i want to do one for me.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All I can think is wow!! This is so adorable, you did a great job! I love the print you chose and you look so cute in it!

    ReplyDelete